Andrew Valenski joins the show to talk about how the City of Charlotte, North Carloina uses GIS and story maps to encourage economic opportunity.
“People want stuff through browsers. They want it accessible, cloud-based and distributed. WebGIS is that solution in the GIS world.”
Digging into Charlotte
- A place where young professionals are moving. Read more at BizJournal.
City Accelerator Program - Story Map
- More information on City Accelerator can be found on Charlotte's website.
- Going from Story Board to Story Map.
Moving into a WebGIS world.
- Moving users from Desktop to WebGIS.
- Moving GIS Professionals from Desktop to WebGIS.
Cloosiv - A not so GIS-y small business app. Go here.
“Thinking that GIS is for mapping is like thinking a Porsche is for cup-holding.”